Top 34 Argumentative Essay Topics On Social Media
The right argumentative essay topics on social media will help you get good grades and impress the teacher. If you search over the internet you will find quite a lot of argumentative essay topics on social media. Here is a list of some of the best argumentative essay topics on social media that you can work on. Make sure that the subject is fresh and unique in its own way.
List of argumentative essay topics on social media:
- Is social networking really important?
- Should teenagers be allowed to access social networks?
- What should be the minimum age for creating an account in these sites?
- Should there be any restriction on the social interactions of children?
- Is social networking the reason behind an alienated society?
- Was life better before social networking was invented?
- Which social network is better?
- Which to use? The one that allows you to interact with unknown people or the one that allows for more anonymity?
- Should social networking be banned from educational institutes?
- Does social networking cause lapse in concentration?
- How important is texting to the present generation?
- What is the appropriate etiquette when using social network?
- Should employers scan the social network profile of employees?
- With social networks, nothing is a secret anymore?
- People are becoming shallower because of social networking?
- Is there any positive effect of social network?
- Should videos be shared on social network?
- Are social networks making a mockery of private life?
- Images stored on social networks are never safe.
- The best way to communicate is through social networks or face e to face?
- Should there be a watchdog on a person’s social activity?
- Protesting over social networks is fruitless. Do you agree?
- Which is the better and more secure? Writing a letter or sending a text?
- Should people stop using social networks?
- Do you think the government keeps an eye on a person’s social activity?
- Are social networks being used to spread propaganda and hate message?
- Is social networking the new smoking?
- Hours spend on the web; using social networks are fruitless and ineffective?
- Are social networks bringing down productivity at workplace?
- The effect of social network on developing mid is not appropriate?
- Should students be allowed to access social networks using the school Wi-Fi?
- The easiest way to know a person is through his social network profile?
- People create a different projection of themselves on the internet?
- Do people start to believe in these new identities?
Persuasive Speech Example – Do social networking sites do more harm than good?
Here is an example of a Free Persuasive Speech Topic sent in by Matteo Berto.
Ladies, gentlemen, there has recently been a debate as to whether social networking sites do more harm than good.
Personally, I believe social networking sites are harmful and do have consequences. I have solid evidence to support my statement and so I would like to start with a true story concerning Facebook – a popular social networking site.
Not too long ago, a girl in her teens made a friend on Facebook – a chat buddy. This other unidentified friend didn’t give any personal details and one day this girl and friend met up at the mall. The girl was never seen again. This is a serious matter because let’s say this happened to all girls – it would be chaos. Another story is that of a suicide because a person couldn’t meet up with another person on another social networking site. People – is our nation known for its numerous social networks which invade privacy and prevent outdoor activity and exercise? Are our students to spend time chatting online instead of studying for future careers which make this country great?
The opposition argues that social networking sites give people their own space and that these blog sites represent fun and socialisation. Well, would we not prefer our children to go outside and socialise and meet friends that they know where they live and they know their gender? Did people in the 60s need social networking sites? In the olden days we didn’t express a need for an online high tech chatting system. Social networking sites prevent youths from spending time with their parents and their siblings. Another issue about social networking sites is what if your child comes across discrimination or cyber bullying? This only adds to depression. If we are to be a happy nation we should restrict these sites to people above the age of sixteen. This is a fairly easy alternative which I am sure the majority of you would vote for.
Overall, the benefits are few and the drawbacks are many – social networking sites are the centre of misconduct, less studying and unsafe blogs. Do we want our youths to have their eyes glued to computer screens or their ears plugged to headphones? We must restrict social networking sites to 16s or above! Get your children outside socialising and inside studying!
By Matteo Berto, aged 12.
Do you have any examples of speeches that you have given. Please send them in and we will publish them.